Old June 12th 04, 11:36 PM
Uwe Holter

Daniel Prince wrote:

I am planing to buy a LG 4082B multi-drive mainly to back up my hard
drives.

Good choice!

Do all brands of DVD-RAM media work well in this drive or are
there brands that I should avoid?

AFAIK you can take any brand. There are way less compatibility problems
than with +R/-R media.

In your opinion, what is the best value in non-cartridge DVD-RAM media?

Prices don't vary much, neither does the quality. Samsung bundles an Maxell
DVD-RAM with the drive. I have also used Panasonic and Imation a lot
without any problems ever.

I will probably get 40 to 100 pieces of media depending on price and
packaging. Thank you in advance for all replies.