Old June 12th 04, 11:14 AM
Daniel Prince

Impmon wrote:

On Sat, 12 Jun 2004 01:06:04 GMT, Daniel Prince
wrote:

I am planing to buy a LG 4082B multi-drive mainly to back up my hard
drives. Do all brands of DVD-RAM media work well in this drive or are
there brands that I should avoid?

Why do you want DVD-RAM? It's not well supported and requires other
PC to have DVD-RAM drive to read them.

I have read that it is quite a bit more reliable that -RW or +RW. Also
it can be used as a regular drive (drag and drop etc.) without packet
writing software.

OTOH DVD+RW or DVD-RW is mnore easily found, generally cheaper than
RAM, and usually can be read in any PC that has plain DVD-ROM

Just something for you to think about before investing in DVD-RAM.

--
I just heard a TV commercial about an automobile that has a rear
entertainment system. I immediately wondered exactly how would an