Old October 18th 07, 10:22 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Ed Cregger[_3_]

Default What are important things to keep very valuable data secure?

"32andtwentyseven" wrote in
message
ups.com...
Perhaps somewhat off topic. But lets say you have a
business and you
want to keep information "blueprints" totally secure.
Aside from
having the vital data off-line and using encrypted pen
drives, what
other things should you be doing?

I would burn data DVD's and store them in a bank vault
periodically. In fact, I am about to begin doing just that
for the wife's business.

Her business revolves around selling graphics patterns and
manuscripts. Later, once more economically viable, we will
contact a professional service to secure our intellectual
property. For now, the data DVD's will do just fine, in
spite of the labor involved.

Ed Cregger