Old September 21st 07, 08:42 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Benjamin Gawert

Default Difference between graphics controller driver and Nvidia TNTdriver?

* psongman:

HI, I think I might have found a reason why I am having trouble
watching videos on my Gateway. What is the difference between those
two drivers mentioned in the title?

Yes. "graphics controller driver" doesn't say *which* graphics
controller it is for. "Nvidia TNT driver" tells us that it's for the
RivaTNT GPU.

On the Gateway site, it says there is a driver
NVidia Graphics Controller driver, version 5.3.2
that is available for download and update. What I am not understanding
is, what are the versions, for example 44.03 for the graphics card?
They sound like two independent drivers to me.

The "NVidia Graphics Controller driver" on the Gateway site is probably
for a gfx card that was sold by Gateway. I don't know if that's a
RivaTNT, a Riva128 or a Geforce. Basically, the best way usually are
drivers from Nvidia.

Benjamin