Old September 23rd 06, 06:41 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Victor

Default Has Anyone Stuck A Graphics Card In An EMachine ?

visions of effty wrote:
"Larry Roberts" wrote in message
On 18 Sep 2006 03:45:13 GMT, "Steve Larsen" wrote:

eMachines C3060 AMD Sempron 3000+ / 512MB DDR / 160GB HDD / DVD±RW
Dual-Layer

The system was dirt cheap, right out of the box,
and has never (!) crashed or stalled, playing
2-3 year old games very well.I figure with a budget of
$120 I can upgrade the graphics card and install 512MB more
RAM.

The AGP is for AGP videocards only. It is at least 4X
suppored, if not 8X speed, so you could pop in any current AGP
videocard.

I looked at the specs for this. It appears the AGP slot is an odd one. It
is AGPx2!!! Most AGP cards will not work.

I was curious because I've seen a few recent bare bottom eMachines that have
PCIe x16 slots! That's obviously kinda cool for such cheap PCs. This is
not one of those.

HTH!

I'm betting the specs are wrong.Any motherboard new enough to take a
Sempron 3000 is 4x/8x or 4x at the very least. My wifes' machine was an
AthlonXP 2000 geforce2 integrated graphics until I installed an ATI
9800pro 4x/8x card to keep the grand kids off my machine.Do some more
research on your motherboard/system on the emachine site or Google.