Old December 19th 03, 02:44 AM
Bitsbucket

Default overclock=high temps?

Header says it all, I overclocked my 2500+ Barton core to 3200+ speed by
upping the FSB to 200MHz. This results in about a 5 to 7 degree C increase
in diode temp. Should it go THAT much higher? I am using an Antec fan I
picked up at Circuit City, has a copper plate for the bottom and VERY fine
fins, fan around 2800 rpm.
BUT it dosen't matter if I use that fan or a MONSTER solid copper job with a
fan from hell, (read LOUD) runs about 7K rpm. I just can't figure out how to
get the temps down, Vcore is stock, cover is off the side, 1 incoming fan
and 3 exhaust fans. When I put my hand near the CPU I can feel the heat!
There has got to be something better, I know I'm negating the intake and
exhaust fans with the cover off, but I don't think it will be any better
with the cover on (or maybe it would?????) ambient temp is around 70 deg F
in the room, celing fan running so there is plenty of air movement in the
room...........any ideas? I just set the clock back to 2500+ and now I'm
running 45 to 47 deg C on the diode........at 3200+ it runs around 49 to 52
C (all temps are at idle, unless I run something then it jumps to the higher
numbers)
What is too hot? 60C is what I'm thinking that is why I don't like those 52
and even some 56 C when something intensive is running....
TIA
Bitsbucket

---