Old October 21st 03, 03:24 AM
idunno

(Al Dykes) wrote in message ...
I have a new Dell server with hardware raid and w2k. When it boots it
goes thru the bios to see the two 80G disks as one mirror set.
I want to put a cheap IDE disk in this machine and use Ghost to do
quick image backups prior to risky acts, like installing service
packs.

Is there any reason why this shouldn't work ?

Thanks

For the logical drive you boot off of it depends on the Raid
controller's level of DOS support. It could work easily or may
require the controller's ASPI manager or some experimenting with the
dos boot disk. If you can't get Ghost or Drive Image to work you can
certainly use PowerQuest's Volume manager or Acronis TrueImage
(assuming you use a MS).