Old June 8th 04, 09:22 PM
Lil' Dave

Not sure what you mean by "legacy" except in reference to bios handover to
the OS.

Standard operating procedure is to install the chipset drivers before
anything else. Reboot.

"James Bald" wrote in message
Greetings

I've been trying to install the drivers from the ASUS CD,
but the audio hardware is not well recognized with this driver..

OS: Windows98SE
Control Panel, RealTek AC97 audio properties
Device Status: The NTKERN.VXD, MMDEVLDR.VXD ...
for this device could not load the device driver. code (2)

It is enabled in bios 1002 of the motherboard.
I wonder what NTKERN.VXD does in a win98se system.

How do I fix this. I know other did under same os.
TIA,