Old February 12th 14, 06:34 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati
Ant

Default Old CCC v10.12 have temperature readings for a very old ATI AIW 9600 video card?

I am trying to figure out if my very old office Windows XP Pro. SP2
PC's video card is getting too hot under heavy 3D screen usage since
it keeps corrupting my HDD data (already did a chkdsk and Memtest86+
and no problems). I can't find CCC's sensor readings like I see in my
home's XP Pro. SP3 PC. Does this video card not have one?

Whether it has one - and whether it's addressable - completely depend on the
OEM. If it's an ATI genuine then it *should* have one... Maybe find an old
copy of Aida and see if it tells you. Oh, wait.. If it's got one GPU-Z will
probably find it! Just pick stand alone version' rather than 'install' the
first time you double-click it.

http://www.techpowerup.com/gpuz/

Its sensors tab only showed two GPU clocks (Core and Memory). From
what I was told in other ATI/AMD forums, this ancient video card doesn't
have any temperature sensors.
--
Quote of the Week: "I think the ants are waking up -- they need to start
farming so..." --Erin from The Office (U.S.) S7E18 (Todd Packer).