Old June 23rd 03, 07:14 AM
Kevin L. Mullin

Default Question about Touchpad

Gary,

Thanks.

KLM

"Gary Tait" wrote in message
On Sun, 22 Jun 2003 07:46:29 GMT, "Kevin L. Mullin"
wrote:

Hi,

I bought a Compaq Presario 3045US last week. The touchpad seems to lack

lot of the functionality of others I have used - virtual scrollbar on the
side, the ability to "toss" the pointer to the other side of the screen,
etc. Is it possible to just download a new driver or software to

increase
the features? I believe it is a Synaptec touchpad.

Also, since I loaded all of my software on the machine, I seem to have

lost
the touchpad control panel. The device manager says "PS/2 device, but
nothing about the touchpad. It even says PS/2 device when I am using the
laptop without the external mouse - any suggestions?

Thanks in advance,

KLM

Downlad the driver package from Synaptics.