Old July 20th 03, 03:23 PM
Gary Colligan

Right now my 2800+ OC to 2.3gig in a Abit is
Case 19
CPU 32.50
CPU fan is a +7 vol.
Runs great

"Sparky" wrote in message
Hi all,

Just wondering if anyone else here has an Athlon 2800 Barton and what

temps
you are seeing for idle/load?

I am getting idle temps of around 45 degrees C and around 52 deg (Prime)
load which seems a bit high to me (considering the cpu is not clocked).

The
above temps are with the case relatively cleared (I may put an order in

for
rounded drive cables), a Collermaster Aero 7+ (with some AS3) and a
Thermaltake Smartfan II on the side (sucking in) and one on the rear
(blowing out) along with a PCI exhaust fan. The motherboard temps are
showing as ~27 deg C and these figures are with an ambient temp of around
24/25 deg C.

Motherboard is an Asus AV78X and vcore is set to 1.65

I've not had any stability issues, it just seems quite high and wondering

if
others are experiencing similar temps.

--
Sparky