Old July 16th 03, 02:00 AM

"Sparky" wrote:
Hi all,

Just wondering if anyone else here has an Athlon 2800 Barton and what
temps you are seeing for idle/load?

I am getting idle temps of around 45 degrees C and around 52 deg (Prime)
load which seems a bit high to me (considering the cpu is not clocked).
The above temps are with the case relatively cleared (I may put an order
in for rounded drive cables), a Collermaster Aero 7+ (with some AS3) and
a Thermaltake Smartfan II on the side (sucking in) and one on the rear
(blowing out) along with a PCI exhaust fan. The motherboard temps are
showing as ~27 deg C and these figures are with an ambient temp of around
24/25 deg C.

Motherboard is an Asus AV78X and vcore is set to 1.65

I've not had any stability issues, it just seems quite high and wondering
if others are experiencing similar temps.

My 3200+ 400fsb runs about 40c on a cool day, 45 on a hot day, both are
idle temps. Loaded it is about 49 or so. Your temps do not seem bad. I have
2 intake fans on case front, exhaust on top, and exhaust on back. The
case is a Coolermaster Aluminum atc-111. I am using a Coolermaster copper
skived fin CPU cooler. Not the greatest but my temps stay managed.

--
Asus A7N8X deluxe rev. 2.0
AMD XP 3200+, 400fsb