Old May 29th 04, 08:05 AM
Euclid

I've got that problem on my Compaq Presario S4020WM, Windows XP Home,
purchased from Walmart last summer. It was the autoplay feature of the
CD-ROM drive. When I turned that off, the problem stopped. So it appears to
be an ongoing problem with Presario machines, independent of the op system.
Here's the registry hack I discovered to fix it:

to turn autoplay on...
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Servic es\Cdrom]
"AutoRun"=dword:00000001

to turn autoplay off...
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Servic es\Cdrom]
"AutoRun"=dword:00000000

In other words, just change the dword value.
-E

"Leachim Sredna" wrote in message
Thanks all the replies. Reckon I'll lick it now,
Leachim