Old April 5th 04, 10:18 PM
DEJ57

Yes, but only if one has one of those partitioning software programs
around. Otherwise, one must begin at the beginning.

......that should go without saying....

Do you have a problem with me pointing out that there is an option other than
starting from scratch, and what that option is? For seven years the advice
from Compaq and others on this board has been that you have to start with an
empty HDD to install the Compaq Partition. I've been the only one to point out
that there is actually another method to install it. And I've done it. Surely
Quarterdeck sold more than a handful of PartitionIt and SelectIt, and if you
have access to PartitionIt, wonderful.
If you don't, start from scratch....

Dale