Old May 20th 04, 02:59 AM
Edward A. Weissbard

Hey Trent,

Thats a pretty funny quote you have there!!!

Edward
El Paso, TX

"Trent©" wrote in message
On Wed, 19 May 2004 12:41:25 +0100, "Paul" wrote:

I am looking to buy a serial ATA hard drive and I assume I need a

controller
card as I don't think my motherboard has serial ata connections. RAID
controller cards appear to be cheaper than a serial ata contoller so if i
just bought a RAID card and serial ata hdd would this work

No.

or would I need a
serial ata host card as well?

You can get a combo card.

But...if yer gonna get a 7200 rpm SATA drive, I wouldn't waste the
money. The only SATA drives that are worth gettin' are the Western
Digital Raptor 10,000 rpm drives...and they ain't cheap, per byte.

But they're worth every penny of it!

If yer gonna get a 7200 rpm drive or a 5400 rpm drive, then go for the
RAID controller...for whatever reason you think you need one.

Have a nice week...

Trent©