Old December 17th 09, 07:16 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.amd.x86-64
Wes Newell[_2_]

Default Firefox 3.5.6 crashes Athlon X4 based system

On Thu, 17 Dec 2009 14:57:27 +0000, tanix wrote:

I have an Athlon 2, x4 620 quad core processor system on\ Asus M4A78
motherboard.

When I run firefox 3.5.5 or 3.5.6 and refresh several tabs in rapid
succession, it freezes the box unde xp sp3. What happens is task manager
- performance tab shows one of cores going upto 100% of CPU useage,
mouse freezes, keyboard is dead and disk stops flashing every couple of
seconds like it normally does under windows. System is totally dead and
needs to be rebooted. Anyboyd knows anything about it?

Had something similar after upgrading ram from 2 to 4gb. Memtest ran
fine, but when my system ran mythcommflag it would crash.Turned out to be
the ram voltage, which was rated at 2.1v was only being set to 1.8
something. Which was not enough under a large system load. Set it
manually to 1.9 in bios iirc and never had another problem. ymmv.