Old December 17th 09, 04:46 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.amd.x86-64
PvdG42[_2_]

Default Firefox 3.5.6 crashes Athlon X4 based system

"tanix" wrote in message
I have an Athlon 2, x4 620 quad core processor system on\
Asus M4A78 motherboard.

When I run firefox 3.5.5 or 3.5.6 and refresh several tabs in
rapid succession, it freezes the box unde xp sp3.
What happens is task manager - performance tab shows one
of cores going upto 100% of CPU useage, mouse freezes, keyboard
is dead and disk stops flashing every couple of seconds like it
normally does under windows. System is totally dead and needs
to be rebooted. Anyboyd knows anything about it?

--
Programmer's Goldmine collections:
http://preciseinfo.org

Have you asked Firefox support?

http://support.mozilla.com/en-US/kb/

Do you have access to any other computers where you can see if the issues
occur in other hardware configurations?

I installed Ff on a computer here w/Phenom x4 955 @ 3.6 GHz and 8 Gig,
running W7 Ultimate x64 (as close as I can come to your hardware) and tried
to replicate your scenario. No issues at all.