Old May 30th 04, 04:45 PM
Robert R Kircher, Jr.

"joe_tide" wrote in message
Amazing that many people think "rip-off" right away when it could have

been
an honest mistake. I guess a subject like "Dell repairs thousand of

laptops
a year and made a mistake with one" wouldn't be an eye catcher.

Of course that's not to say someone wanted to steal some memory, but to

put
your job at risk for a small gain like that doesn't seem prudent.

Have to agree here.

The repair techs have such easy access to parts I doubt they'd have to steal
anything let alone deliberately hide it by swapping a customers part.

I'm sure that if this even happened the chip was simply a known good dimm
used for testing/trouble shooting that was accidentally left in the system.
No more no less.

--

Rob
Q: "What did the redneck say right before he died?"