Old August 2nd 09, 10:31 PM posted to uk.adverts.computer,uk.comp.homebuilt,uk.comp.vendors
DrTeeth

Default Where to buy a Dell Laptop Battery?

On Sun, 02 Aug 2009 21:09:31 +0100, just as I was about to take a
herb, "[Lnz]" disturbed my reverie and wrote:

I need a new battery for a Dell Inspiron 6000 but I am a bit reluctant
to pay Dell's extortionate price.

A search on the web throws up a number of sites, but most of them seem
to be based in HK, or not have any real contact address at all.

I'd appreciate any suggestions on a UK supplier who will provide a
reliable and good quality battery.

TIA

Lorenz

Hi Lorenz,

Well spotted about the HK link. becoming a big problem foreign
companies using the .co.uk domain.

Have used http://www.laptopshop.co.uk/ in the past. I actually had to
use their customer service as the battery failed after 10 months.
Replaced very quickly with no argument. Will use them every time even
if they are not the cheapest. Good CS is getting hard to find these
days and if those that supply it do not get supported, we are ALL
stuffed.
--

Cheers,

DrT