Old March 10th 07, 05:44 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.cdr
Brendan R. Wehrung

Default burning noisy CD

Seth Goodman ) writes:
In article , on 9 Mar 2007 07:26:53 GMT,
Brendan R. Wehrung wrote:

Probably 5. My guess (which I hoped might be talked about) is that I've
finally bought a burner that can't handle older, slower media. I used one
of these discs before I switched to my new computer last December and it
burned fine, then (on the older burner).

I doubt you've bought a burner that can't handle slower media - slower
media are *less* demanding than faster media. One generalization - CD
burners do a better job burning CDs than DVD burners. Is your new
burner really a DVD burner?

Why don't you give us some specifics - please post *exactly* what your
burner is, and *exactly* what media seems to be failing.

--
Seth Goodman

Its an HP TSSTcorp TS-H653L and the failed media (static in loud passages)
was branded Prime Peripherals, presumably 16X max. I'm told Samsung makes
the drive for HP. These discs burned correctly on my former HP DVDwriter
300c (both DVD/CD combos) and a Philips burner in my even older Win '98
computer. (I tend to keep them for what I might have left on the hard
drive.)

Other cheap branded media (eg AT&T and another I don't have the label for any
more) which burn at 40X work fine.

Brendan