Old July 23rd 08, 04:30 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.compaq
JR the Postman

Default Older Bestec ATX-- 1956D PS replcement

On Sat, 19 Jul 2008 21:41:56 -0400, Ben Myers wrote:

The only thing non-standard with the 1956D is the form factor. It is
only 4" deep, so a standard ATX power supply might make the inside a
little cramped or it simply might not fit... Ben Myers

* * *
Ben looking at the 20 pin connector when facing the latch side is face up
the third connection from the right is missing a wire just like the older
HP proprietary power supply connectors...

With that in mind I thought this was the older HP proprietary wiring
style, I will try a 300 watt Antec power supply replacement I have
tested...

This computer now basicly a re-housed HP 540n is going to a wheelchair
bound B+ Junior high student waiting for a replacement computer, her old
cobbled-together (pent11) finally died...

I had AntiX the small SimplyMepis Linux distro running well for her, and
she will get a newer system this afternoon with the same operating system
if all goes well...

Thanks for your well timed assistance again...

JR the postman