Old July 8th 08, 07:07 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.compaq
Postman delivers

Default Where to get QuickRestore for Presario 5304

s18 ) wrote:

Does anyone know where to purchase a QuickRestore for a Presario 5304

It came with Win98 SE.

I need this computer for school and dont have $$$ to spend on a new
one.

--

* * *
s18,

You could download a stable linux distro, most of them come with word
processors and they would be a modern web safe operating system...

Most HP recent vintage printers will install easily in most versions of
Linux...

This system show only a 4 gig drive and 64-bit memory...
http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/d...reg_R1002_USEN

Here is a small Linux, one I have not run, but a friend loves it for older
small computers...if you have access to a bit torrent software here is the
torrent address of a remastered system...
http://linuxtracker.org/index.php?pa...7c9f5a18609 5

Here is a webpage with everything you need... including a ISO burner, use
your neighbors system to download and burn a Live CD...
www.newcityvegas.com/tinyxs/

I would have a look, and try this free operating system and with software,
before spending $30...

JR the postman