Old June 22nd 08, 06:54 PM posted to alt.computer,alt.sys.pc-clone.compaq
Postman delivers

Default Warranty after replacement ?

- Bobb - wrote:

I was asked to setup email on a new pc for a friend and when I told him
that it didn't have Outlook on the new PC , that he should return it to
see if he could get Office installed from factory ( rather than spend $$$
to now go buy it at a store). He said he couldn't return it. I asked " why
not". He told me this story. Does this sound right to you ?

upgraded/extended warranty.
2. gave to employee.
3. After 2 weeks employee says " Pc won't boot".
4. Mgr brings back to Best Buy. They try to repair it but after a few days
they couldn't ( I don't know why) ,so they swapped it for new one and then
told mgr that " since we swapped this for a new one, the warranty ( which
is serial number related) is now void."

I said that there MUST be a way for them to transfer the warranty to the
replacement. He said that he asked and was told that there was not. I
told him to call HP etc... to at least get a refund of the extended
warranty.

Anyone have experience with this ?

* * *
Bobb,

Outlook is part of Microsoft's Office Suite. Not a free program, but most
new computers with the Windows Operating Systems come with a 90 day trial
version. Outlook is certainly a far better, and much more secure e-mail
program than Outlook Express/Windows Mail.

You do have many free options, your employ can use Open Office suite, and
You can also also chose from a great number of e-mail client software...

Alpine,
Becky,
PMMail 2000,
Pegasus Mail,