Old June 22nd 08, 06:19 PM posted to alt.computer,alt.sys.pc-clone.compaq,comp.sys.hp.hardware,comp.sys.laptops
Jeff Strickland

Default Warranty after replacement ?

"- Bobb -" wrote in message
. ..
I was asked to setup email on a new pc for a friend and when I told him
that it didn't have Outlook on the new PC , that he should return it to see
if he could get Office installed from factory ( rather than spend $$$ to
now go buy it at a store). He said he couldn't return it. I asked " why
not". He told me this story. Does this sound right to you ?

upgraded/extended warranty.
2. gave to employee.
3. After 2 weeks employee says " Pc won't boot".
4. Mgr brings back to Best Buy. They try to repair it but after a few days
they couldn't ( I don't know why) ,so they swapped it for new one and then
told mgr that " since we swapped this for a new one, the warranty ( which
is serial number related) is now void."

I said that there MUST be a way for them to transfer the warranty to the
replacement. He said that he asked and was told that there was not. I
told him to call HP etc... to at least get a refund of the extended
warranty.

Anyone have experience with this ?

I have no experience, but I would not accept a cancelled warranty because
they honored it once. Somebody is full of crap.

If the machine is running Vista, it will have Windows Mail instead of
Outlook Express. Outlook (the full version) is a part of Office, and is not
included. If the first machine had Office loaded, then the second should
have it also.