Old July 15th 07, 04:59 PM posted to alt.computer,alt.sys.pc-clone.compaq,comp.sys.laptops
- Bobb -

Default UPS with a " I don't want it to beep when lose power' option

Rank,

Do you know ...
If I hook each up to my PC, then program it , will those settings work
WITHOUT a PC ? Or is it their software that controls it ( with a PC) via
the external cable ? Would you know: if I program it - after the batteries
discharge will it 'remember' or need to reprogram it each time ?
I couldn't find that answer at apc.com
I'll check their site again, but I remember scrolling thru their Knowledge
Base until I was seeing W98/NT issues - pre my models and found no info on
'ALARM'

Thanks

"Rank" wrote in message
Dont know which UPS you have exactly but you might need APC software if
you don't already (Free on APC site)
Go in the VIEW menu, then DEVICE PROPERTIES, then POWER PARAMETERS,
there you will find the option to have or not have the audible waring

I used to have a pro series APC SU600 for main PC that had a 'push here
to silence the alarm' button and I assumed that all UPS would have it.
I'm checking computer stores online - Cyberpower seems same way - site
mentions alarm but not that you can turn it off.
Anyone have a reasonably priced UPS that you can disable the beeping ?

Thanks
Bobb