Old July 15th 07, 04:33 PM posted to alt.computer,alt.sys.pc-clone.compaq,comp.sys.laptops
- Bobb -

Default UPS with a " I don't want it to beep when lose power' option

"olfart" wrote in message

"- Bobb -" wrote in message
. ..
I used to have a pro series APC SU600 for main PC that had a 'push here
to silence the alarm' button and I assumed that all UPS would have it.
I'm checking computer stores online - Cyberpower seems same way - site
mentions alarm but not that you can turn it off.
Anyone have a reasonably priced UPS that you can disable the beeping ?

Doesn't the Power button on the front panel turn off
everything...including the beep"
I have a 350, 100 and a 1200 and the power button kills all of them

Yeah, I could turn it OFF, and leave it off, but it defeats the purpose of
me even having standby power. If I turn it OFF and then go back to bed/ to
work, my stuff ( whatever it is) isn't ON. Is that what you do ? I would
like it, so that when I lose power, it 'keeps my stuff going' QUIETLY as
long as possible and if power is restored before the batteries discharge,
then just keep on going QUIETLY. IF I have one for the stereo equipment
( am I dating myself just using that terminology?) , it's a convenience,
not critical. If I lose power at 5am - don't wake me up! Now - if I lose
power the only way to NOT hear it is to turn it off / unplug it. So I'd
turn it off, maybe go to work and then have to return home to power it
back up ?? In a storm, if I need to listen to radio, I still hear the
beep, beep, beep - unless I turn everything off. Why waste my 'radio
listening time' , by the battery going beep,beep .

Maybe it IS just me, but I just thought it would be a common option.