Old April 29th 10, 09:04 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.compaq
Postman delivers

Default Dead Bestec power supply in Compaq Presario SR2037X

On Mon, 26 Apr 2010 04:00:23 +0000, Postman Delivers wrote:

After removing the Bestec ATX-250-12z Rev D2R (HP P/N: *5188-2622*)and
replacing it with a Antec 350 the system boots. Unfortunately I have no
working PS2 Keyboard or Mouse. Hangs at the Compaq screen for just over
20 seconds.

I have changed the non working input devices for usb 2.0 units and now
have mouse and keyboard and can boot with a Live Linux cd, but trying to
boot winXP I am getting the could not start Ntoskrnl.exe file is missing
or corrupt error.

Looking about with my friend Google Search I find this website...

* * *

Latest update...

My local computer shop has a E3300 & BioStar motherboard on sale for
$40, so if they still have some stock this evening I will acquire one of
these combos along with 1GB of pc 800 (2x512MB) memory sticks, and a $30
Sata hard drive...

With Taxes, less than $120 for a computer more useful & faster than a
nettop. I will recycled the case, use the existing 18x DVD burner, and
the replacement 350 watt power supply...

This system should be purring later tonight or early tomorrow with Linux
and the new components...

JR the postman