Old December 17th 03, 03:08 PM
Carlos Moreno

Gary L. wrote:

Ok, I guess I'll play a little bit with the settings before
running back to the store for an exchange (with the 20cm of
snow that we have today, a trip to the store will be soooo
complicated :-))

I would start by using the jumper to clear the CMOS settings and
restore to the default. Since most users will have AGP video cards,
the default will support this configuration. If there is no hardware
defect in the video card or motherboard, then this should allow it to
work.

Hmmm, at this point I'm guessing I better go back to the store
for an exchange. I had touched absolutely nothing in the BIOS
settings other than the CPU frequency, and with that default
configuration it wasn't working.

I then changed several parameters in the AGP configuration, but
none had any effect (I tried the least aggressive settings,
setting the primary VGA device to AGP, ...).

Thanks for all the comments and suggestions!

Carlos