Old December 15th 03, 02:23 PM
Carlos Moreno

Robert Myers wrote:

When you're working with the newest hardware, be prepared for
surprises.

Wow... Surprise #1: I didn't really think that this was the
newest hardware. In fact, I was originally looking for a
cheap-o PCI card, but got this one because it was the only
thing I could find (well, in the "just above cheap-o"
category).

As for the motherboard, well, it's a relatively new model,
but I didn't think it was the bleeding-edge technology either.

If you're an experimenting sort, you might try unplugging things
(unneeded diskdrives and whatnot) just to see if you can get the damn
thing to boot with your AGP card installed. I would also try
*disabling* the 8x AGP just to see what happens. And I might be
tempted to try underclocking, also just to see what happens.

Ok, I guess I'll play a little bit with the settings before
running back to the store for an exchange (with the 20cm of
snow that we have today, a trip to the store will be soooo
complicated :-))

Thanks,

Carlos