Old October 22nd 04, 02:53 AM
kony

On Thu, 21 Oct 2004 17:39:57 -0600, Eli Kane
wrote:

JK wrote:

The performance difference between their
top-line chips is not so great in terms of ability to notice, in my
opinion. The happy thing is that not only do you get a few more fps with
AMD, but it costs way less. It's just that the price diff

Or perhaps the performance difference at each price point?

Good point. Nothing from Intel at a similar price comes close. But that is
not what the comparison is. The comparison is based on "performance"
between both competitor's top-line chips. In no way am I saying that
Intel's latest is as fast as the latest form AMD. What I am saying is that
I doubt seriously if, given the same GPU and memory config, you will notice
a difference in everyday apps.

Eli

I doubt that many buyers care what the performance is of the
top offerings from either company. It's quite rare for
someone to pay in excess of $800 for a single desktop/PC
CPU, even if they'd spend $400 for a video card.