Old October 2nd 04, 05:17 AM
Ben Myers

You also need to replace the power supply with one capable of powering a Pentium
4, which requires an additional 12 connector to the motherboard. Your best bet
is to mount the motherboard in a new case, then move all the devices from the
Compaq case to the new one.

Not exactly sure which model of Presario you have there, but many of them have
some unusual connectors to the front panel. I did a replacement of a blown
Presario motherboard, but used a nearly new and more standard case for eveything
else... Ben Myers

On 1 Oct 2004 23:02:36 -0400, lid (rdukb)
wrote:

Hi All,

I've a Compaq Presario (Model: 5BW160) that came with a P-III/700Mhz.
I wanted to upgrade the Motherboard and processor to P-4 2.8AGHz. I
got a motherboard combo online. I am looking for some info if the
upgrade will be possible. Compaq used to have a document on their
site that described how to replace the motherboard that is no longer
available. I've a 648-FX Motherboard that I hope to replace.

Any help will deeply appreciated

Rajesh