Old August 14th 04, 02:01 PM
JPeterman

Default Possibly Dead P4S8X?

After returning from a camping trip I hit the power button on my
computer.

The red light on the front came on but no display. I noticed that the
red light is burning solid. I took the cover off the computer and made
sure connections were tight. When I power it up a red light on the
motherboard flashes once. There is a green light on the motherboard
that stays lit. However the onboard fan does not start. The fan on the
computer case does work.

The last time I used the computer (yesterday) everything was running
fine.

The computer has a 2.8GhZ P-IV with WinXP Pro
512 MB DDR
120 MB Maxtor 7200 rpm HDD
40 MB Maxtor 7200 rpm HDD
Pioneer DVDROM
Pioneer DVD-Writer

The computer is only about 1.5 years old.

Any ideas? Thank you.