Old December 25th 07, 10:29 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
David P. Greer

Default Scrambled Display Vista nVidia

Man-wai Chang ToDie wrote:
until you do something that requires UAC, or a 3D game. When the UAC
screen dimms, the screen becomes totally scrambled. The same if you
start a 3D game like Doom. There is no clearing the display - the
computer has to be rebooted.

Could it be over-heating in your PC case?

No. The system is in a well-ventilated Antec P180 case, and both the
CPU and video card have Zalman coolers. According to nTune, the card is
at about 44 degrees, the CPU is at about 40.

Also, the problem occurs immediately after awakening from standby, so
the card and CPU would be at their resting temperatures, for the most part.

Thanks for the suggestion - I wish it was something simple to cure, like
overheating, but it seems to be a problem elsewhere.

BigJim wrote that his card, with the same problem, was an XFX brand. My
7900 GT is also an XFX, so I am going to explore this problem with them.
We'll see what they have to say.