Old December 14th 07, 07:34 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
mcp6453[_2_]

Default Nvidia 8800GT/GTS

While I know quite a bit about computers, I am certainly not up to speed
on video cards. Others have recommended that my son get an 8800GT or GTS
for a Christmas present. The recommended seller seems to be newegg.com.

The computer is an Intel DG33TL. It supports PCI-E. What is the
difference between PCI-E 1, PCI-E 16, and PCI-E 2.0? Are there any
differences as far as the motherboard concerned? Will a PCI-E 2.0 work
in any PCI-E slot?

How do I know what brand of card to buy? XFX? EVGA? ASUS?

Thanks! Time is running out!