Old June 5th 07, 06:55 PM posted to comp.periphs.printers
lemel_man

Default print to file - without altering the original file

wrote:
Hi,

I am trying to create a "print to file" printer that would simply
redirect a file to a folder. The issue I'm having is that say I print
a PDF file, the "print to file" driver alters that PDF file to a PCL
or PS file... I believe I would need a generic printer model that
would support more than just ASCII text. Any idea how to handle
this? Thanks.

TL

I don't really understand your problem. The printer driver I have with
my HP printer has a "Print to file" option which, when ticked, directs
the output to a file in a folder.
I also have a PDF writer that is implemented as a printer driver. If I
use it, it creates a PDF with a name of my choice, in a folder of my
choice. I can view and print the PDF with Acrobat Reader.
What am I missing?

--
Regards, Gary Wooding