Old June 5th 07, 04:42 PM posted to comp.periphs.printers
thoss

Default print to file - without altering the original file

On Tue, 5 Jun 2007 wrote:

Hi,

I am trying to create a "print to file" printer that would simply
redirect a file to a folder. The issue I'm having is that say I print
a PDF file, the "print to file" driver alters that PDF file to a PCL
or PS file... I believe I would need a generic printer model that
would support more than just ASCII text. Any idea how to handle
this? Thanks.

You could try write-protecting the PDF file. If this doesn't work, copy
the PDF file to, say, PRINT.PDF, print this, then delete PRINT.*. You
could put this in a batch file so that it needs just one mouse click.
--
Thoss