Old October 1st 04, 05:51 AM
foolinyu

"Gene Hoffman" wrote in message
ink.net...
I have just started using the newsgroups. After I posted this question I
looked through some more of the posts and found where this problem has

been
posted. They also left this link,
http://forums1.itrc.hp.com/service/f...threadId=36917
and I will pass it on too.
I can't beleive that HP knows of this problem, can't and won't fix it and
STILL hosts a forum on their site. I have a Presario 7470 and the 1200,

not
sure if I'll buy another if they can't fix this.
"Gene Hoffman" wrote in message
ink.net...
I have a 1200 power problem. When I plug in the adapter the a/c light

comes
on, does not show the battery being charged and will not power up. I

bought
a new voltage regulator board and have the same problem. I t did,

however,
charge the battery once, but still did not boot.
All constructive input is greatly appreciated.
Thanks, Gene

Thanks for the link. This thread goes on forever. Interesting but sad and
Compaq should have had a recall years ago. Mine had a bad disk drive, very
common too, but Compaq fixed it under warranty after I bitched about it for
a week. Now, out of warranty, it won't charge and the touchpad locks up but
boot up OK. I wonder if this is a preliminary indication to the no boot
deal. Anyway, I have a 1216US and waiting for the battery charger board to
come in next week. I had it open up last week and blown out all the dust,
re-installed the cpu with heatsink compound and checked all the
inter-connections. Should have replaced the CMOS battery, but I get another
shot next week with the charger board.