Old August 23rd 04, 08:14 AM
Doug Ramage

wrote in message
On Fri, 20 Aug 2004 18:34:07 GMT, Leythos wrote in
message :

I've found that these PC-DL Deluxe boards with fast memory and matching
Xeon CPU's can outperform servers costing more than 4 times as much -
Compaq, Dell, etc..

The main difference between a PC-DL server board and the others is the
lack of on-board SCSI.

I have a PC-DL with dual 2.8 Xeons. ASUS makes no recommendation on their
web site for 1GB or ECC memory but state that the MB can use them. And
their response to my emailed question was that I should 'experiment' --
not helpful.

Any suggests for 1GB or ECC ( or fast/good/well-prices 512MB for that
matter ) ?

TIA ... Marc

I am using non ECC RAM, as I have several spare sticks, and it's cheaper.

Current spec is 1.5 GB, comprising :

2 x 512Mb KingMaxPC4000
2 x 256Mb TwinMOS Pc3200

Timings are 6,3,3,3 in dual channel mode. I shall be swapping the 256Mb
sticks for either more 512Mb or 1Gb sticks.
--
Doug Ramage

[watch spam trap]