Old August 20th 04, 03:36 AM
Tony Gilchrist

Default Dual processor advice

Hi;

I am building / upgrading a 2-proc. box, and I need some advice. I like the
asus line, and want to use it, but am not clear on which mobo I would be
best off with. I need two processors, and it should be reasonably fast, but
that's the only major criteria. I will use a seperate scsi card, so don't
want the onboard scsi (or onboard anything extra, really). The system will
be used for 3D animation and graphics dev.

There seem to beseveral choices: (PCH-DL, PCH-DLW, PU-DL, maybe others?)

http://usa.asus.com/prog/spec.asp?m=PCH-DL&langs=09

http://usa.asus.com/prog/spec.asp?m=PU-DL&langs=09

http://usa.asus.com/prog/spec.asp?m=PP-DLW&langs=09

I am wading through the specs, but if anyone has advice or suggestions, they
would be welcome.

Thx!