Old December 9th 03, 07:34 PM
Mortimer Schnurd

Default Suggested Settings for my new A7N8X Deluxe rev 2

Hi folks,
I just ordered a new A7N8X to replace my Soyo KT400 Dragon. The Dragon
has been a royal pain in the arse since I got it in March and I'm
finally tired of the frequent lock-ups after trying every combination
of settings I could think of (BTW I do not overclock). After some
research, I decided to go with an Aus A7N8X Deluxe rev. 2.

Before I install the board I would like to get some suggestions as to
how best to set the BIOS for CPU and memory.

My system config will look like this:
MB = A7N8X Deluxe rev. 2
Memory = 2 sticks of Corsair PC3200 512MB (CMX512-3200C2)
PSU = Antec 400W
Graphics = ATI Radeon 9500 Pro AGP 8X
HDD1 = Western Digital 120
HDD2 = Western Digital 200

I would really like to get this board up and running with optimum
settings to maximize all the benefits of this board WITHOUT going
through a tedious effort to discover the appropriate settings. I do
not plan on over-clocking this board, I just want it to run well and
to remain stable.

I really would appreciate it if someone with the same or similar
configuration can post the settings that worked for them.

TIA for any and all suggestions.

--
John Wood a.k.a Mortimer Schnurd