Old October 30th 03, 12:00 AM
Arnie Berger

"!---m\('o'\)m---!" wrote in message news:eLBmb.42358$hp5.24054@fed1read04...
Don't forget to also check your power supply. Video processors, such
as the one you have draw more current in full graphics mode then they
do when they're idling, you might have a marginal power supply that is
collapsing and causing the reboot. That's what happened to me with the
same video card.

arnie

Hi -

I am seeing a weird problem with an A7N8X Deluxe Version 2 motherboard.

When playing Command & Conquer - Generals, I will see my system
spontaneously reboot. I have seen the rebooting occur at other times as well
during "low stress usage"- for example, when using AOL Instant Messenger.

I have the latest Nvidia Graphics drivers installed on my Asus GeForce4
Ti4200, and the latest nForce Drivers installed for the motherboard.

My system specs:

Mobo: Asus A7N8X Deluxe, Version 2 (BIOS 1007), nForce Driver Set 2.45
GPU: Asus GeForce4 Ti4200 GeForce Drivers 52.16
APU: Asus A7N8X Deluxe Audio Processor
CPU: Athlon 2500+/333 (Barton)
Memory: 512MB PC-2700 (Crucial)
Hard Drive: MAXTOR 6Y080L0 80.0 GB