Old October 26th 03, 04:38 AM
Paul

In article , "Turner" wrote:

I had the same problem and finally found that it was the Crucial memory. I
replaced it with Corsair and have not had anymore problems.

Get memtest86 from memtest86.com. The program will install a single file
on a floppy, which is sufficient to boot the machine and run the
program. Memtest86 is clever, in that it tests the whole memory, and
moves itself out of the way, to test the memory it normally occupies.
If you can run the test overnight without any errors being detected,
then your memory is probably good enough to use.

You should also check and make sure that the memory clock and the
FSB are running at the same frequency. This could be a setting like
100% or sync in the BIOS, for memory clock.

You might also want to check the Event Log or set up the machine
to give a BSOD, rather than instantly rebooting. Check to see which
routine you are crashing in. If it is always the video driver, then
there could be a problem with AGP/video. If the routines are random,
then it could be memory.

Paul

"!---m('o')m---!" wrote in message
Hi -

I am seeing a weird problem with an A7N8X Deluxe Version 2 motherboard.

When playing Command & Conquer - Generals, I will see my system
spontaneously reboot. I have seen the rebooting occur at other times as

well
during "low stress usage"- for example, when using AOL Instant Messenger.

I have the latest Nvidia Graphics drivers installed on my Asus GeForce4
Ti4200, and the latest nForce Drivers installed for the motherboard.

My system specs:

Mobo: Asus A7N8X Deluxe, Version 2 (BIOS 1007), nForce Driver Set 2.45
GPU: Asus GeForce4 Ti4200 GeForce Drivers 52.16
APU: Asus A7N8X Deluxe Audio Processor
CPU: Athlon 2500+/333 (Barton)
Memory: 512MB PC-2700 (Crucial)
Hard Drive: MAXTOR 6Y080L0 80.0 GB