Old October 25th 03, 10:29 PM
Andrew Bowers

If you're running XP your first port of call should be the Control
Panel, open up System Properties and under Startup and Recovery select
Settings. Untick the Automatically Restart tickbox under System
failure. Then OK all the way back out and next time the problem occurs
you'll get an error screen rather than a reboot.

Andrew

In article eLBmb.42358$hp5.24054@fed1read04, "!---m\('o'\)m---!"
says...
Hi -

I am seeing a weird problem with an A7N8X Deluxe Version 2 motherboard.

When playing Command & Conquer - Generals, I will see my system
spontaneously reboot. I have seen the rebooting occur at other times as well
during "low stress usage"- for example, when using AOL Instant Messenger.

I have the latest Nvidia Graphics drivers installed on my Asus GeForce4
Ti4200, and the latest nForce Drivers installed for the motherboard.

My system specs:

Mobo: Asus A7N8X Deluxe, Version 2 (BIOS 1007), nForce Driver Set 2.45
GPU: Asus GeForce4 Ti4200 GeForce Drivers 52.16
APU: Asus A7N8X Deluxe Audio Processor
CPU: Athlon 2500+/333 (Barton)
Memory: 512MB PC-2700 (Crucial)
Hard Drive: MAXTOR 6Y080L0 80.0 GB

!---m('o')m---!

--
· ICQ: 5690939
· MSN:

· Website:
http://www.bowch.co.uk

Something wrong, man? You look a little whiter than usual. My computer,
it... You ever have that feeling where you're not sure if you're awake
or still dreaming? Mmm, all the time. It's called Mescaline. It's the
only way to fly. Hey, it just sounds to me like you need to unplug, man.
You know, get some R and R. What do you think, DuJour? Should we take
him with us? Definitely. I can't, I have work tomorrow. Come on, It'll
be fun. I promise. - Choi, Neo and DuJour, The Matrix