Old January 13th 04, 11:51 AM
Rohan Parkes

In article f0BMb.1$XD5.0@fed1read06, says...
I had a funny problem fixed by log off log on. My SysTray icons would not
all show up at startup. I had to disable UPnP service, Universal Plug and
Play (not Plug and Play), to fix. It is not needed, see if this fixes your
problem and post back. Run msconfigservices and uncheck.

-Kent

I'd forgotten, but I used to have that problem too, and solved it the
same way. It also used to prevent my screensaver, and stop my PC from
going into standby.

I seem to recall that Universal PnP was considered to be a huge security
hole, and users were encouraged to disable it for that reason.

--
Rohan Parkes
Melbourne