Old June 29th 18, 11:22 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
SC Tom

Default HDD ratings

"Charlie Hoffpauir" wrote in message
On Thu, 28 Jun 2018 21:43:04 -0400, Flasherly
wrote:

The 3T drives I would expect now to exhibit similar performance, along
with 2/4/6T drives, than a prior spike in 3T drive failures graphed
from one of the two aforementioned site ratings. They are also
particularly posed, as the 3T is the one that will most easily
price-match a good many, otherwise, sensible and value-oriented 2T
class offerings among HDDs.

I happen to have 3 3TB Segate drives in service now, two active in the
computer, one outside used as backup via an Icydock slot. So far no
problem with any of them... been in service from 1.5 to .5 years.
However, when one goes, I'm hoping they don't all fail at the same
time, because they really back up portions of each other. Anyway, a
4th Seagate 4 TB backs up everything every other week.
Yes, I am paranoid.

Nothing wrong in preparing for the inevitable- HDDs all fail, sooner or
later. That's not paranoia; that's practicality and caution :-)
--

SC Tom