Old June 13th 18, 01:14 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Flasherly[_2_]

Default Unreally Lucky HDD

On Tue, 12 Jun 2018 15:26:58 -0400, Paul
wrote:

The only reason I "have a hate-on" for shingled drives,
is they're *not* labeled as such. These things
should be clearly labeled. Everyone wins, when
seller and buyer are honest with one another.

Not after reading sometime ago of an end-effect to enduser reactions
in an unrelated capacity.

Western Digital, probably, but applies no less equally across the
board.

The reactionary issue is one of identifiable characteristics the
customer deems substandard or unacceptable to a performance aim
promoted by the manufacturer.

Wait a minute, remarks a whole of the research from a technological
labs facilities of the corporate entity, who exactly are you, peon,
thus to say?

Not I, au contraire, remarks the person, but for a representative of a
popular front: Le Suprême and High Class Action Lawsuit.

Fine then, says Western Digital, we get it

Western Digital's next edition production runs are then physically
modified to be indistinctly similar and unidentifiable for purposes of
labeling.

Out of sight problem solvers, evidently.