Old June 9th 18, 07:54 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Peter Johnson[_5_]

Default Upgrading USB 2 to USB 3 ports on a computer case

On Fri, 08 Jun 2018 18:49:18 -0400, Paul
wrote:

Yes wrote:
I have an Antec 300 Illusion case. There are two USB 2.0 connector
ports on the front. I'm thinking that I may want to upgrade them to
USB 3.0.

Has anyone upgraded USB 2 ports on a chassis to USB 3? I'd like to get
some idea of what would need to be done. I could, of course, add a USB
3.0 hub instead, but it'd be nice to keep down the amount of clutter on
my desk.

Thanks,

John

Since you want your new USB3 ports on the
front, you will need a USB 5.25" tray for the
front of the computer, plus the extension cable
that leads to a 20 pin header on a USB3 add-in
PCI Express card.

Or you could get something like this
https://www.amazon.com/Mailiya-Expan...dp/B01G86538S/
and have the ports at the back.