Old February 26th 18, 09:56 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Flasherly[_2_]

Default AMD and a hot date to flirt at the horrorshow

On Mon, 26 Feb 2018 04:54:29 +0000 (UTC), dogs wrote:

Athlon XP-M

If anything, Athlons, and earlier AMDs, as much a condition even now
to me. Those earlier chips, much beyond 110, 115F were potentially a
matter of subtle instabilities and inexactitude.

I ran all these past moving off the generation prior, at its apex with
an Athlon Barton...

Athlon ada3000aep4ax 64 Processor 3000+
AMD Phenom II X2 511
Athlon 64 X2 4200+
AMD Phenom X4 9550

A conservative leeway, I'll give some leeway beyond...
120-125F.

This...
AMD FX-8300 Vishera 8-Core 3.3 GHz Socket AM3+ 95W FD8300WMHKBOX
89.99
Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO - CPU Cooler with 120mm PWM Fan
24.99

AMD says as much for a 158F publicized spec, to translate
conservatively within means someone with a modicum of machine
adjustments, I ought to be able keep below and within a safe upper
limit and arbitrate for 135F. Nothing astounding, then, for a basic
expectation with decent supportive components, not to shoot for a
decade's expected usage.

(
My residual Intel - placed alongside the above AMDs, equivalently
updated four times in a S775 factor - I would tend moreover to trust
above 135F;- I just haven't or rather the build and adjustments
preclude facilitating higher than 135F...
ebay
INTEL CORE 2 QUAD Q8200 SLG9S 2.33GHZ 4MB CACHE 1333MHZ CPU PROCESSOR
Qty: 1 $24.99 Choose a shipping service
)

I can play with the extra octal's cores, meanwhile, and what programs
are suited to dispersal across them for the next ten years;- failing
which, there's always *nix.