Old May 25th 05, 04:56 AM
Earl F. Parrish

"Bill Evans" wrote in
message ...
Are the third party 2.5 inch hard drives that I've found on the
internet that say they are suitable replacements for the 6.4 GB
hard drive that died in my 1920 laptop telling me the truth?

Looking in old, dead laptops, I've found, gone through, and
rejected three or four spare 2.5 inch hard drives already. Each
of them had a different connector, and I fear that the $79 20-40
GB hard drives I've found from searching the net will have a
different connector on them than the 6.4 GB IBM Travelstar hard
drive that came in my Presario 1920.

--
bill evans

Hartselle, AL

Did you take the original drive out of caddy to see what the
connector looked like? Most 2.5 inch hard drives use a 44-pin
connector. Some drives are installed upside down in the caddy and
some are installed right side up. Do not confuse the jumper pins
for the drive interface connector pins.

--
Earl F. Parrish