Old January 13th 17, 09:51 PM posted to comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage
Lynn McGuire[_3_]

Default why is the cheapest WD 8 TB bare drive on Big River $303 ?

On 1/12/2017 9:21 PM, Ed Light wrote:
On 1/12/2017 6:46 PM, Lynn McGuire wrote:

Nope, just a single 3.5 inch drive. I am sitting here looking at one.
I can see the drive plainly through the top air slots and there is only
one drive. But I cannot make out the drive markings without removing it
from the case. And it is the new WD case.

Lynn

Is it a case that clearly can be taken apart?

A long time ago I took apart a WD 1T USB 2.0 and it was an audio-visual green drive, WD10EAVS, with the slow rpm.

FYI the little pocket WD's, at least some of them, have drives in them whose only connection is a built in USB port. That's how they
can be so small - no drive to case interface.

Not really.

Lynn